Reduces Stress and Anxiety
- The TM technique’s benefits start right away, and keep growing. Hundreds of independent research studies have found major increases in calmness, creativity, energy, clarity of mind, and happiness.
- It’s simple — with too much stress, you can’t enjoy your life. It also puts your health at risk, and contributes to a host of problems — anxiety, insomnia, fatigue and more.
- Millions of people have found the TM technique has a transforming effect:
- greatly reduced stress and anxiety
- clearer thinking
- better sleep
- brighter, more positive state of mind
HUNDREDS OF PUBLISHED RESEARCH STUDIES VERIFY THESE EXPERIENCES
No other form of meditation has such a body of evidence supporting these benefits:
In a study on Vietnam war veterans 30 years ago, the TM group already saw significant improvements that after only 3 months of practice, 70% of the war veterans required no further treatment. It reduced:
- Alcoholism, and
- Improved stress resistance
The control group that received standard psychotherapy showed no improvement.
TM’s EFFECT ON CORTISOL — the stress hormone
A landmark study published in Hormones and Behavior found the TM technique reduces cortisol by 30%.
Plasma cortisol is a stress hormone. The study shows that plasma cortisol decreased during Transcendental Meditation, whereas it did not change significantly in control subjects during ordinary relaxation. Reference: Adrenocortical activity during meditation, Hormones and Behavior 10(1): 54-60, 1978.
STANFORD STUDY ON ANXIETY
Researchers at Stanford University conducted a meta-analysis of 146 independent studies on the effect of various meditation techniques on anxiety. The study, published in the Journal of Clinical Psychology, found that the TM technique is twice as effective at reducing anxiety.